You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-05 12:20:52

Valavien

Harmony Remote Package Creation

I am trying to install Harmony Control which is used to program Logitech Harmony remote controls.  This is my first time in using anything like ABS and at first I just tried to install from source.  So first off I downloaded the software and uncompressed it.  Unfortunately there is no ./configure.  I can run make ok but when I run make install I get the following error:

/usr/bin/install -D --mode=755 harmony /usr/bin/harmony
make: /usr/bin/install: Command not found

I assume that the directories that Arch uses are different or something is missing?  I haven't bothered trying to do anything with ABS yet because I figured I would at least need to get it to install from source first.

I guess I just don't really know what I am doing.

Should I be able to at least install from source using make install first before using the ABS package procedure?

the files and website for the app is located here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/harmonycontrol/

Last edited by Valavien (2007-09-05 12:24:03)

#2 2007-09-05 13:20:02

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Harmony Remote Package Creation

You're dealing with a slightly-less-than-clever Makefile, which insists on running /usr/bin/install, instead of allowing for the possibility that the install command may be located elsewhere. Use which to find the command, and then patch the Makefile as required (sed would probably do the job either).

Once you've figured it out manually, apply the same changes in your PKGBUILD.

Board footer