You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-12 15:29:30

theringmaster
Website

Shutting down and rebooting from xfce4 (SOLVED)

I am wanting to shut down and reboot my system via xfce4. right now the two buttons are grayed out. I tried added myself to the power group by doing

gpasswd -a username power

That didn't seem to do anything at all. On the wiki, it talks about using dbus and hal (as an alternative to doing the sudo method) but i already have dbus and hal started by default and the two buttons are still grayed out.

if there is already a message like this please guide me there. Any help would be appreciated.

CORRECTION: adding myself to the "power" group did work.

Last edited by theringmaster (2007-09-12 17:49:24)

Check me out on twitter!!! twitter.com/The_Ringmaster

#2 2007-09-12 15:56:53

slubman
Website

Re: Shutting down and rebooting from xfce4 (SOLVED)

Try add yourself to the sys group

#3 2007-09-12 17:08:17

zenlord
Website

Strange - I used the sudo-hack and it worked for me. But after it stopped working, I saw the new instructions and enabled both hal and dbus and voila, everything worked.

I did not add myself to the sys-group, so it should be something else. Did you install the whole xfce4-package or did you select certain packages? check if '# /etc/rc.d/hal restart' and '# /etc/rc.d/dbus restart' change anything...

Zl.

#4 2007-09-12 17:41:30

theringmaster
Website

zenlord wrote:

Strange - I used the sudo-hack and it worked for me. But after it stopped working, I saw the new instructions and enabled both hal and dbus and voila, everything worked.

I did not add myself to the sys-group, so it should be something else. Did you install the whole xfce4-package or did you select certain packages? check if '# /etc/rc.d/hal restart' and '# /etc/rc.d/dbus restart' change anything...

Zl.

Fyi: i installed xfce4 and xfce4-goodies. I'll try your codes now.

Check me out on twitter!!! twitter.com/The_Ringmaster

Board footer