You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-07 03:08:29

mrjohnston

Packages and menu entries

Hello,

I keep going back and forth with arch.  Lately I have gotten to really like the system, especially with the new TUR's.  My biggest issue is the menu.  In almost every other distribution any package, once installed, adds a menu entry into gnome and KDE's menu's.  This makes a lot of sense as it is much easier to move/remove an entry than to recreate one.

My question would be how hard is it to include the menu entries for both gnome AND KDE with each package?  If that was a requirement for packages I know it would make my life and my choice a lot easier, because I hate doing tedious things like making menu entries.  If its an easy thing then please take the time to save a lot of people the time.

I don't mean to sound like an ingrate, because I do thing arch has the best package management implementation out there.  I know it hasn't fully matured yet either, but I think its so good I often view it as a 6.0 instead of a .6.  I just want to know if this is feasible or not, or feel free to tell me I am a lunatic and I'll be quiet.

mrjohnston

#2 2004-04-07 04:53:44

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Packages and menu entries

It's in planning.  We will be implementing something like this later.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-04-07 10:37:29

mrjohnston

Re: Packages and menu entries

Thank you for the response.  That makes me very very happy.

Board footer