You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-14 19:59:54

Gruntz

Hibernate or Halt, when battery is down

Hello

I have Archlinux on my laptop. I have acpi daemon up and running. I have configurated suspend2, and now I can hibernate my computer. But How can I configurate it, to halt or hibernate when the battery power drop down. I have installed my arch as basic, and the everything else, and I have no KDE or GNOME, I am using fluxbox.

Thank you

Regards

Last edited by Gruntz (2007-09-14 20:01:12)

#2 2007-09-14 22:02:37

fwojciec

Re: Hibernate or Halt, when battery is down

Gruntz wrote:

Hello

I have Archlinux on my laptop. I have acpi daemon up and running. I have configurated suspend2, and now I can hibernate my computer. But How can I configurate it, to halt or hibernate when the battery power drop down. I have installed my arch as basic, and the everything else, and I have no KDE or GNOME, I am using fluxbox.

Thank you

Regards

Option one: laptop mode tools from the repos (it has a setting for auto-hibernating when battery is almost out but it's also an excellent all-in-one powersaving solution for laptops).
Option two: a custom script, like one on this wiki page (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Software_Suspend_v2) -  see "Suspend when battery is low" section, towards the bottom of the page.

Both solutions have worked reliably for me in the past (currently I use laptop mode tools).

Last edited by fwojciec (2007-09-14 22:04:09)

Board footer