You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-18 09:18:40

eliabramo

pacman upgrade the same packages over and over - FIXED

I have some packages that installed on my computer and update to the latest version but every time I do system upgrade pacman download and install them again. The packages are kdelibs, k3b, gnome-speech and some more.
The output of "pacman -Q PACKAGE" is the latest version of the package.
What could be the problem?

Last edited by eliabramo (2007-09-19 18:50:33)

#2 2007-09-18 11:16:10

Leigh

Re: pacman upgrade the same packages over and over - FIXED

I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with the mirrors not being updated yet or not, but there's been some mirror problems with a few packages. Did you get the new updated pacman? Also after updating pacman, if you havn't already, you'll need to update pacman.conf changing all current entries to core.

You might try clearing the catch from pacman... pacman -Scc and then resync.
Before you do that, if there's older packages in the catch that you don't want to loose, you might want to copy/save them in another dir first.

Last edited by Leigh (2007-09-18 11:17:32)

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

#3 2007-09-18 18:26:47

ataraxia

Check the records for these packages in /var/lib/pacman/local . If they get corrupted pacman becomes confused. If you find they are bad, move them out of the way and install those packages one more time so pacman can fix it.

#4 2007-09-18 18:56:32

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

I've seen this happen if you have multiple entries for a package in /var/lib/pacman/local - look in there for directories starting with $PKGNAME (ie if it keeps installing kdebase, run ls -d /var/lib/pacman/local/kdebase* and you'll probably see more than one)

If you remove the local entry for the version you don't have installed, it should fix.  Be careful tampering with the local DB though - make sure you're only getting rid of the duplicates!

#5 2007-09-19 18:50:14

eliabramo

Ok it's fixed.
You're right, there were duplicte pacage from older and newer version, so I deleted the older and now it's ok.

Thank you all guys! smile

Board footer