You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-19 02:30:31

jason.foz

Atheros AR5212 wireless w/wpa supplicant not working

I've got a Lenovo Z61 laptop with the Atheros AR5212 wireless chipset.  I got it working with network manager and knetworkmanager in KDE but it wasn't connecting consistently so I went to the network profiles method of setting up the interface on boot.  Still have the same problem with it not connecting and failing.  Most of the time the only thing in the everything.log is: "ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): ath0: link is not ready".  Is this a problem with the madwifi driver?  Should I switch to ndiswrapper and see if that works every time?  This really has me perplexed.

Jason

Last edited by jason.foz (2007-10-11 02:39:42)

#2 2007-10-11 02:28:14

jason.foz

Re: Atheros AR5212 wireless w/wpa supplicant not working

After switching to a static IP address, the wireless worked fine for a while and now has stopped working completely.  I tried ndiswrapper with zero success and I'm now back to madwifi with wpa supplicant (I'm using WPA on my AP).  Everything is configured as per the wiki and running "wpa_supplicant -w -Dwext -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -dd" puts a  bunch of stuff on the screen.

The perplexing part is that at a certain point in the debug message I get this: "Associated with 00:00:00:00:00:00" which in my mind shows that I'm not really associated with my access point.  What am I doing wrong?

#3 2008-01-23 04:41:21

MoonSwan

Re: Atheros AR5212 wireless w/wpa supplicant not working

Did you follow this page of the wiki:  http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ndi … supplicant    ?

I have the same chip in my laptop & following those instructions, but substituting "dhcp" in there & where he says "wlan0", i put "ath0" instead, worked.  Follow that page up to the part where he talks about fwcutter (ignore that bit), and i also didn't use the menu/profiles system he recommended.  But making a file in /etc/network-profiles (i called it ath0), and the rest of his instructions, did work.

Board footer