You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-21 20:13:15

Gilneas

Scale any application?

Some programs like emulators (dosbox e.g) and mplayer allow you to scale the application to a new size. (And I don't mean change the resolution of the desktop.)

Is it possible to do this for any program?

Maybe something like a zooming program?

I ask because there are some old games in Wine I want to play in 1280x1024, without having to make wine fullscreen (i.e. change resolution) because I can't use the Window manager anymore then.

#2 2007-09-22 16:09:32

ezzetabi

Re: Scale any application?

Alternate solution: binding a key combo to a xrand command that restores your favourite resolution? So you just have to play and when you finished pressing the key combo and you'll have your res back without any problem with the window manager.

#3 2007-09-22 21:51:23

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Scale any application?

Gilneas wrote:

Some programs like emulators (dosbox e.g) and mplayer allow you to scale the application to a new size. (And I don't mean change the resolution of the desktop.)

Is it possible to do this for any program?

Maybe something like a zooming program?

I ask because there are some old games in Wine I want to play in 1280x1024, without having to make wine fullscreen (i.e. change resolution) because I can't use the Window manager anymore then.

You can use the wine window manage at your desktop's resolution, if that helps. Use alt+click to move it around so you can hide/show the close button.

Board footer