You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-22 16:32:08

mwagenaar

howto submit package (i repaired an out-of-date package)

I read the stuff on AUR on the wiki but it is not at all clear to me how I should submit a package. I repaired an out-of date package and it seems to be working now. I would like to give back to the community by submitting the package.

#2 2007-09-22 17:39:57

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: howto submit package (i repaired an out-of-date package)

You can only submit new versions for packages for which you are the maintainer/contributor.

- In case the package is an orphan (no one owns it) then you should adopt the package and become the new maintainer.

If the package is owned by another user, mail them your new pkgbuild.

If they haven't responded after a few weeks, you can use the tur-users maling list to ask AUR Trusted Users to orphan the package so you can become the new maintainer.

- Many people post new pkgbuilds in the comments, but giving the maintainer a chance to update the package is normal behaviour (or should be).

Note : Your forum account doesn't work on AUR, you need a separate account for that (most people use the same username in forum and AUR).

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2007-09-22 18:04:58

dolby

just a note that the above are true only for packages in unsupported and not the community repo which is also part of the AUR

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#4 2007-09-22 20:31:16

mwagenaar

Thank you both. I understand, and appreciate, the difference between unsupported and community.

I posted a diff for the PKGBUILD in the comments. My username is indedd the same on AUR. Waiting a few weeks until the maintainer has incorporated the patch seems quite reasonable.

Last edited by mwagenaar (2007-09-22 20:32:06)

Board footer