You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-25 00:55:51

Wesley

Black screen on resolution change

hi
i already posted this problem but because of no response i think i was just hitting on the wrong part on the forum(posted it in the multimedia and games section since i thought it would be some sorta related to it hmm)

my problem is, that i cant actually switch the resolution normaly with xgame.
the problem occures this way:
i start another terminal with xgame and an xterm in it.
i run any application that switches the resolution.
the effect is that the screen just turns to plain black, you can still hear the sound, so the application is running.
a ugly workaround for this is to actually switch to any other console or server and back, after that you see the screen.

this is -NOT- happening if i start any game under gnome/kde/fluxbox, so i just dont know why that happens and how to avoid it hmm
my system is like this:
nVidia FX 5200 (newest driver, the pacman package 'nvidia 100.14.11-4')
a not-modified version of the xgame script(downloadet from holarse, was working perfectly under ubuntu and earlyer under Arch)
here is my xorg.conf(if it is important): http://pastebin.com/m24eb34c3

if there is any more information needed related to this issue, please let me know.

Last edited by Wesley (2007-09-30 10:52:19)

#2 2007-09-29 10:04:05

Wesley

Re: Black screen on resolution change

*pushing up*
did i asked this question in the wrong part of the forum?
i googled alot for this problem or problems that just soundet similiar, but i jus didnt found anything, so i hope you forgive me while i push this post just back up

#3 2007-10-10 21:27:47

Insomnolent

I've been having the same exact problem and have yet to find a solution. Have you made any progress since your last post?

#4 2007-10-11 02:24:17

Wesley

not a bit, actually i tried to get an answer in the nvidia related forums but till now there where no response to this too.
it seems like the problem is similiar to the problem other users got with nvidia, black screens if they do anything else, but i can do everything, no freezes at all, its just the fact that the monitor doesnt shows whats on the screen till i switch the x-server hmm

Board footer