You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-07 21:35:38

ssl6

transferring videos to mtp devices

does anyone else here have a portable video players using mtp protocol? i have a zen vision:m, music transfers fine to it with amarok. for videos (and pictures) I've been using mtpfs, its functional, but almost barely, it locks up alot, especially when i try to open the videos folder on my zen, it'll take forever to list the files. so when i transfer videos i have to copy them from the source, and then right click on the video folder to paste them. then i get a few can't change permissions messages and the transfer hangs most times halfway. it works fine for pictures, mostly

but I'm looking for other options here for transferring videos and pictures. i had mtpsync on ubuntu, i saw it in aur, but seems to be an old version. I'm not a big fan of gnomad2, but i also saw mtpdude which looks promising

wondering what anyone else here uses to transfer videos to mtp devices......my other option is making my xp install on my other drive bootable, and thats not on my list of priorities, im trying to switch to linux to get away from windows

this is a signature

Board footer