You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-13 13:12:14

gazj
Website

[request or help with] Odessey 2 / philips videopac

Could someone please make a PKGBUILD for this http://o2em.sourceforge.net/

It's the earliest computer / console expierience I can recall (was about 3 or 4 i think) remember my Mum and Auntie plating the games for hours on end.

I have a load of roms and the bios if needed.

Thank you so much

Last edited by gazj (2008-01-10 13:55:13)

#2 2007-11-05 15:16:08

leo2501

Re: [request or help with] Odessey 2 / philips videopac

always is great to have those emus, so the system dont get forget

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#3 2008-01-10 13:53:53

gazj
Website

Re: [request or help with] Odessey 2 / philips videopac

Thought I would dig this back up again.  I can get this to compile, but i am having some difficulties with the pkguild, due to the nature of the source code.  Please note the latest source 1.18 does not compile at all, so am using 1.16

Using a standard package build template

# Contributor: Your Name <youremail@domain.com>
pkgname=NAME
pkgver=VERSION
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc=""
arch=()
url=""
license=('GPL')
depends=()
makedepends=()
provides=()
conflicts=()
replaces=()
backup=()
groups=()
options=()
install=
source=($pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
noextract=()
md5sums=(generate with makepkg -g)

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install || return 1
}

now the original source comes in zip for with a file name of O2EM116-src.zip.  So in the source=() I cannot use the $pkgname and $pkgver variables.  If I do then the package name would be in uppercase against pkgbuild guidelines.  So is it ok to remove these variables from source= ?

Secondly when i do use this method, when running makepkg.  It downloads the source file from sourceforge and then it leaves me two zip files.    One in the current directory and one in the src directory and does not unzip either file.  Obviously when we get to the cd line in the build script it errors.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Thirdly, lol, there is no ./configure for the src or make install, you simply run make and it creates a single binary in the src folder.  Looks here like I need to lose the ./configure and make install lines in the build script (again is this ok) and then I guess I will need to copy the bin from src to $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/o2em

Fourthly.  the Makefile needs an edit before the make will work how would I do this in the build area (more details on this if needed)

Fifthly.  I am sure this would all be easier if I repackaged the src with the right makefile in tar.gz format on my own server.  Is this allowed in AUR?  and it's not GPL it's under the "Clarified Artistic License", is this allowed?

Sorry about so many questions.  This is my first pkgbuild (trust me to not pick something simple) but I really want to give something back even if it is this rather silly emulator that I really love and no one else has ever heard of.

Board footer