You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-15 18:18:59

mrunion
Website

MySQL Query Browser Broke?

Ever since I upgraded to the latest gnome, et. al., the GUI tool "MySQL Query Browser" is broken.  I can connect to my local mysql installation and run queries, but I cannot choose a scheme without the processor pegging 100% and hanging.  I've ran "mysql-query-browser" from a command prompt and it doesn't spit out any errors or anything.

I keep my machine pretty up to date with the core, current and extra packages.  I just updated Friday evening, then this morning and now it's broke.  I'm thinking something is related to the recent gnome upgrade?  Can anyone give this a try and see if they have the same issue?

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#2 2007-10-16 10:45:51

blum
Website

Re: MySQL Query Browser Broke?

Does it have somethign to do with:

MGConnectDialog.cc:718: error: 'input_handler' was not declared in this scope
MGConnectDialog.cc:753: error: 'input_handler' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [MGConnectDialog.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/blum/cvs/mysqlguitools/src/mysql-gui-tools-5.0r12/mysql-gui-common/source/linux'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/blum/cvs/mysqlguitools/src/mysql-gui-tools-5.0r12/mysql-gui-common/source'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blum/cvs/mysqlguitools/src/mysql-gui-tools-5.0r12/mysql-gui-common'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

?

#3 2007-10-16 12:48:23

mrunion
Website

Not sure.  I just installed the pre-built package from AUR.  When running from a terminal I get no output at all -- whether there's an error or not.  I'm thinking something "new" broke it.  But at the speed these MySQL tools are moving I'm probably in for a long wait.  I'll have to figure something else out.

Thanks though!

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#4 2007-10-16 12:57:34

ralvez
Website

If there is a problem it must be with the build in Arch. I use the package from MySQL ( I was not aware that we had such packages in the repositories roll) and they work just fine.

R.

#5 2007-10-17 06:05:24

blum
Website

ralvez wrote:

If there is a problem it must be with the build in Arch. I use the package from MySQL ( I was not aware that we had such packages in the repositories roll) and they work just fine.

R.

Because you get the bundled dependencies pack, but with the current arch configuration it doesn't work. There are two big problems I've noticed: mysql-gui-tools needs lua 5.0 (not bigger), arch has 5.1. It doesn't compile even with manualy linked library (so.5.0 => so.5.1), and the other problem is with this MGConnectDialog.o and the new g++.
For now, I'll wait.

#6 2007-11-14 22:47:12

grassmonk

I was wondering why this broke.  It isn't working on my Fedora installation, either.  I have it working on Kubuntu, but I compiled from source there (the Ubuntu packages are old and I couldn't get the official one from mysql.com to work).

I'll try the official mysql.com release for now and hope I can get it to work.

Board footer