You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-17 07:53:25

stylopath

xfce4-menu disappeared.

Hi !

Last evening i went on updating my system like everyday smile - but then something weir happened.
After pulling the latest updates (via pacman -Syu , of course) my xfce4-menu didn't respond anymore (which means the button was dead).
A right click on the desktop didn't bring up the menu either.

First i was wondering whether this was related to any updates (i'm using testing) ,any stupid mistakes i made, or if it was just a "once"-error which would disappear after rebooting - So i rebooted , and afterwards, my menu-button was completely disappeared - well, shit!
Thanks to the shortcut alt+f2, i am still able to use my system but its not very comfortable.

Since i'm running testing AND i'm playing a lot with my system i first looked what i might have done wrong - but i found nothing.

Now here comes the point: After trying a bit i stopped my work on my machine and turned towards my girlfriends notebook. I also ran pacman -Syu (but ! this machine doesn't use the testing repo!) and then exactly the same error occured - no xfce4-menu !

After reading the Thread "start menu icons..." in this forum i tried downgrading my libx11 - but without success.
since there were LOTS of updates its quite difficult for me to find the related package, so i'm helpless at the moment.

The only thing that i could imagine is that i should have tried to add a new xfce4-menu to the panel after downgrading libx11 . But i didn't have this idea yesterday and so i didn't try it (i'm at work atm, so i can't try anything by now) - Anyway, whith the current libx11 there is no menu-entry in the "add objects to panel"-dialogue.

I hope you understand what i mean (my english is poor, i know) and can supply me with hints how i could solve or at least locate my problem.

Additional-Information: I'm using xfce4-svn (from community, i think) - my pacman uses the default sources+testing , my girlfriend's one uses the default sources without testing (so i don't think this is related to testing). If this is the wrong forum i'm sorry - admins are free to move it to the right section.

regards,
stylopath

#2 2007-10-17 08:40:05

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: xfce4-menu disappeared.

It may be you xfce4-svn needs rebuilt with the GTK upgrade.  I don't have the problem with xfce4 from extra.

#3 2007-10-17 08:55:32

xsdnyd

the problem is xfdesktop-svn-26127-2
i downgraded it to version xfdesktop-svn-26070-2 and now it works again.
here is a server which has this file:
i686 package
x86_64 package

you have to install it with:
pacman -U xfdesktop-svn-26070-2.pkg.tar.gz
(first download it of course wink

Last edited by xsdnyd (2007-10-17 08:55:53)

We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

#4 2007-10-17 10:01:28

stylopath

Woooha! Thank you xsdnyd , that sounds fine! This is the first i will do when i get home smile

#5 2007-10-17 15:36:55

stylopath

Premature end of gzip compressed data: Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler

this package seems to be broken o_O
sad

*EDIT* For any reason opera stopped my download instead of finishing it - after downloading it again i can install the package...

Last edited by stylopath (2007-10-17 15:41:23)

Board footer