You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-19 14:43:54

methuselah

Wireless wlan ndiswrapper and Firestarter.

Hello, I was able to get my wireless working with the ndiswrapper... but the only way I can connect to an address, is to shut my Firestarter firewall off.

I'm sure there is a way to set my Firestarter, but when I go to preferences, and tick the boxes for "Internet connection sharing" and "DHCP" just lick in this picture from the Firestarter page: http://www.fs-security.com/docs/preferences.php

...it then gives me an error and tells me that I have failed to start my Firestarter firewall....but then my wireless connection finally works. Where as if I don't tick the box for "Internet connection sharing", it will say it's connected to a wifi stream, but then I can't get my web browser to load any pages...

So, I have my Firestarter set to work with my eth0 wired connection... and the only way I can activate my wireless when using someone else's random wifi stream, is to tick the box for "Internet connection sharing"... and then it allows my wireless to connect, but it is not protected by a firewall.

Are there any experts out there that can help me with the settings or configuration files?

Thanks,
-c.

Last edited by methuselah (2007-10-19 14:49:00)

Board footer