You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-19 22:31:17

zenix
Website

Gtkrc Configuration: Are Notification Daemon popup configurable?

Just updated to Gnome 2.20...can't say I'm happy with all the UI changes. I like the updated scrollbars, the menus look a bit better, but, the tabs are really...unique, and the 3d effect applied to the toolbars don't neccesarily "agree" with me. I've already fixed those problems and love the new things present in this release. Unfourtunetly, I find the new Notification Daemon look quite horrible. It's quite a contrast with it's yellow background and I loved the neutral color that was featured in previous versions.

Current $HOME/.gtkrc.mine (Called from $HOME/.gtkrc):

style "my-clearlooks" = "clearlooks-default"
{
        engine "clearlooks"
        {
                colorize_scrollbar = TRUE  # TRUE = blue scrollbars
                menubarstyle = 2 # 0 = flat, 1 = sunken, 2 = flat gradient
                toolbarstyle = 0 # 0 = flat, 1 = enable effects
                animation = FALSE # TRUE = animated progress bars
                style = GUMMY
        }
}
class "*" style "my-clearlooks"

# Remove the blue tabs, replace with 'Classic'
style "my-clearlooks-notebook" = "clearlooks-notebook"
{
        engine "clearlooks"
        {
        style = CLASSIC
        }
}
class "GtkNotebook" style : highest "my-clearlooks-notebook"

.gtkrc modifications gotten from: http://www.barisione.org/blog.html/p=105

Thanks in advance,
Zenix smile

PS: I heard in IRC (from who, don't remember) that I don't have to run gnome-settings-daemon at startup of OpenBox (I use it as my WM, but GNOME is my DE). All I have to do is setup my .gtkrc files according to how I want the style to look. Is that right? What should I add to my .gtkrc.mine? Without gnome-settings-daemon running, all GTK apps are gray and blocky. sad

PSS: Any way to have all buttons have curved edges? I use Epiphany and see buttons (like on Google's homepage, when posting this message) as blocks. Mind you, it's not really all that bad, but I do like rounded corner buttons. Phrodo_00 already said this will be fixed in Firefox 3 (maybe). Good to hear!

Last edited by zenix (2007-10-20 01:50:05)

I made an AUR helper once.
I also go by evaryont and nogweii elsewhere on the internet.
Check out my projects and packages.

#2 2007-10-20 01:31:51

Phrodo_00
Website

Re: Gtkrc Configuration: Are Notification Daemon popup configurable?

the thing about rounded corners is a missing feature in gecko (that mostly is not implemented due to some lazy engine writers that do not check the color of the background they are drawing the button in, at least that's what mozilla's bugzilla said), I think I overheard somewhere thet they were gonna fix it with the release of firefox 3.0.

#3 2007-10-20 01:48:13

zenix
Website

Well, it's good to hear that it will be fixed in an app, but not the one I use. roll Oh well, maybe the devs will patch to the main gecko base instead of leaving it to FF. Meh, I don't plan to stay with Epiphany/Gecko too much longer now that Epiph supports WebKit (albeit, it's still testing but it works well enough)

Last edited by zenix (2007-10-20 01:48:30)

#4 2007-10-20 19:41:50

Phrodo_00
Website

zenix wrote:

Well, it's good to hear that it will be fixed in an app, but not the one I use.

Actually, epiphany uses gecko through xulrunner, so if they fix it in gecko, it hits xulrunner and gets fixed in epiphany. Also with firefox 3.0 they will support xulrunner better, and will have exactly the same stuff as firefox' gecko (right now it's missing some stuff). I also use epiphany btw.

zenix wrote:

Meh, I don't plan to stay with Epiphany/Gecko too much longer now that Epiph supports WebKit (albeit, it's still testing but it works well enough)

I haven't tried it with webkit (I've been lazy lately), how is it going? I looking forward to using gtkwebkit.

#5 2007-10-20 20:31:02

zenix
Website

It's a little rough... still trying to find the documentation needed to correctly compile Webkit/Gtk >.< I'll make a new thread with screenys and directions for anyone else that wants Epiphany/Webkit smile

My friend got it running, and he to busy... He's always "busy" after I bug him for long enough. lol

#6 2007-10-20 20:45:12

Phrodo_00
Website

oh!, I googled a bit (actually, gentoo-wikied) and found that you have to put

include "<location of the gtkrc of the theme you want"

at the start of your .gtkrc (in the beginning because otherwise it would overwrite all the options you have put before it.

Board footer