You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-02 17:21:38

Weeks

Another pacman -Syu issue; a decrease in package quality of late?

I hope this isn't a trend but I've been getting more and more errors on issuing -Syu of late (in the last month or so). First the new kernel killed my alsa sound dmux ability, then sbcl breaks, then the gstreamer-neon package brings up new issues which force me to -d the package and now I have issues with my ssh files. I've also added dhcpcd to my ignore list just to be safe because of an potential error I saw on flyspray.

This never used to happen. I hope whatever is causing these minor problem to keep cropping up soon abates because it's becoming quite annoying. I have no problems with arch itself but the quality of packages seems to have taken a downturn of late.

Anyway, here's my new problem which was remedied by deleting the ssh files - still annoying though.

:: Retrieving packages from core...
[SNIP]
checking package integrity... done.
cleaning up... done.
(33/33) checking for file conflicts                 [#####################] 100%
error: could not prepare transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
openssh: /etc/pam.d/sshd exists in filesystem
openssh: /etc/ssh/ssh_config exists in filesystem
openssh: /etc/ssh/sshd_config exists in filesystem

#2 2007-11-02 18:11:48

Weeks

Re: Another pacman -Syu issue; a decrease in package quality of late?

Okay, I decided I'd update my kernel to hopefully fix the alas dmix problem. So I upgrade kernel26 kernel-headers udev and klibc-udev.

It may have fixed the problem but until I'm actually able to use my system again I'll never know because after I rebooted the system hung when trying to load udev. I pressed control-C and it proceeded. Some error messages were displayed but they went away too quickly because /etc/issue clears the screen.

When I finally did login I was presented with a read-only file system, which obviously renders the system useless.

I'm now writing this from Ubuntu sad

Board footer