You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-04 10:43:03

onearm
Website

Imagemagick bug?

Hi all,

I'm trying to compose two images together (actually three, but in two stages) with convert -compose. I use:

convert base.png -geometry +0+0 -composite second_image.png final_image.png

but instead of adding the smaller second_image.png over the larger base.png final_image.png is identical to second_image.png (dimensions, colors, weight).
I found on the imagemagick list a similar problem
http://studio.imagemagick.org/pipermail … 17680.html and it was resolved by upgrading the imagemagick package.

I have obviously the latest version installed (6.3.6.6-1) and I have already tried recompiling it with abs without any luck.

Is it a bug, a problem with the package or?

Thank you

To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three persons, two of them absent.
--
My Github

#2 2007-11-14 15:32:44

onearm
Website

Re: Imagemagick bug?

Ok, there must be a problem in the imagemagick implementation in arch because I just tested the same command in ubuntu 7.10 and it works very well.

I have already the latest (6.3.6.10) version of imagemagick and the problem persists.
With ubuntu, first 7.04 and now 7.10, it has always worked (the current version is 6.2.4.5 if I'm not wrong)

Any help/advice/further investigations?

To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three persons, two of them absent.
--
My Github

Board footer