You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-07 07:35:12

perseus

libgl-dri -> libgl upgrade fails because libGL.so.1 is present.

Attempting the libgl-dri -> libgl upgrade :

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
libgl: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 exists in filesystem

errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Umm thinking as I type, perhaps this is because I have the nVidia proprietary driver installed and did that when I installed Arch a couple of months ago and realise that it was available via pacman.  I will post anyway in case the issue affects anyone else, or someone can tell me that there is a different reason.

And a P.S.  by way of an edit. I just tried to install the upgrade to mplayer separately from libgl (it came as part of the same -Syu exercise), and it fails for the same reason - maybe that was the problem in the first place?

Last edited by perseus (2007-11-07 07:40:08)

#2 2007-11-07 12:49:20

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: libgl-dri -> libgl upgrade fails because libGL.so.1 is present.

perseus wrote:

Umm thinking as I type, perhaps this is because I have the nVidia proprietary driver installed and did that when I installed Arch a couple of months ago and realise that it was available via pacman.  I will post anyway in case the issue affects anyone else, or someone can tell me that there is a different reason.

You mean you installed nvidia from their 'official installer'?  That would cause this problem - if you want nvidia, use pacman's packages to avoid this in the future.

#3 2007-11-07 13:02:43

perseus

Re: libgl-dri -> libgl upgrade fails because libGL.so.1 is present.

Cerebral:

You mean you installed nvidia from their 'official installer'?  That would cause this problem - if you want nvidia, use pacman's packages to avoid this in the future.

Thanks for responding Cerebral.

Yes, that is what I did.  I had been using nVidia's "official installer" for so long before I switched to Arch a couple of months ago, it never even occurred to me that pacman might support it.

Board footer