You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-13 20:16:46

mckooper

Tips on building openoffice-base from ABS?

I'm building openoffice-base from ABS/source so that I can tweak some of the settings for the Firefox/Mozilla plugin, and I'm having troubles.

First, in PKGBUILD I see:

patch -Np0 -i ../buildfix-agg_2_5_oog680_m3.diff || return 1

But that patch doesn't exist anymore.  Easy enough to fix though - I just comment out that line.

On to building!  Without even modifying any other files, makepkg fails about 90% of the time.  Not always, just most of the time.  The point of failure also seems to depend on how many processes I let it use (build.pl -Px) and how many cores are available for it to use (I've tried on multiple real and virtual machines).  The usual failure looks something like:

ERROR: ERROR: Could not register all components!
in function: create_services_rdb

ERROR: Saved logfile: /var/abs/extra/office/openoffice-base/src/OOG680_m5/instsetoo_native/unxlngi6.pr/OpenOffice/native/logging/en-US/log_OOG680_en-US.log
Tue Nov 13 12:51:49 2007  (00:34 min.)
dmake:  Error code 255 while making 'openoffice_en-US.native'
---* tg_merge.mk *---

1 module(s):
        instsetoo_native
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /var/abs/extra/office/openoffice-base/src/OOG680_m5/instsetoo_native/util

Am I the only one with this problem?  It seems as though the build process is very sensitive to the build order.  I even have this problem if I use -P1 on a single-core machine though...

Any tips or thoughts would be much appreciated - thanks!

-Joel

Board footer