You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-17 09:41:51

blitze

Joystick not responding with Kernel 2.6.5 compile

Howdy all,

having fun with my Saitek X45 USB joystick.  Under the 2.6.4 kernel it worked fine I could get input readings with cat /dev/js0 when I moved the axis aboutn and fiddled with it.  Also setting up the Joystick Wrapper Library I got a nice GTK interface where I could calibrate the stick and prove it had life whilst pestering the Transgaming people to get better frontend support for joysticks.

Now with a pkgbuild of the 2.6.5 kernel with the only diference in config is me setting the processor type to AMD K7 I get the Joystick recognised but the device doesn't respond to input.  Nothing else has changed in my modules bring loaded in rc.conf and the default kernel build script other than processor type specifics.  Has anyone else had this happen?

My USB storage stick still works fine as does my USB mouse.  ANy feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks

Leave ones footprint not in the physical world but the in the world of the mind.

#2 2004-04-28 20:46:46

galen
Website

Re: Joystick not responding with Kernel 2.6.5 compile

would the modules:
gameport
joydev
interact
help if they were added to /etc/rc.conf
?
they work for my soundcard digital stick so they might be helpfull for USB, I don't know

Off to using Peanut and Slackware, no hard feelings but I need my CD to burn, PDA and scanner to connect and arch won't do it.

[img]http://www.flightsimhq.org/images/war-is-bushit_s.jpg[/img]

#3 2004-04-28 22:15:59

wakeupbomb

i have joydev in my /etc/rc.conf and my crappy Logitech Dual Action works fine

#4 2004-05-16 09:20:21

blitze

galen wrote:

would the modules:
gameport
joydev
interact
help if they were added to /etc/rc.conf
?
they work for my soundcard digital stick so they might be helpfull for USB, I don't know

Non of the above work for my stick under either 2.6.5 or 2.6.6 kernels.  Device is recognised but when I try a cat on /dev/js0 which is shown, I get no movement data response.  Last time I buy a Siatek stick.  I want a HOTAS stick that is properly supported under Linux and USB.  Any ideas?  Which of the CH Products or others work?

Anyone?

Leave ones footprint not in the physical world but the in the world of the mind.

#5 2006-02-06 16:38:27

Moo-Crumpus

Solved or what?

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

Board footer