You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-17 22:45:37

hybrid

How do I remove a mysql password?

Hi, I just gave mythtv a try and I figured that it is too much for what I need. So I uninstalled it. But to get it working in the first place I set a password for mysql. Without MythTV I don't need mysql anymore either and I want to uninstall it. But will the password I set earlier still be there and in affect again if I install mysql again (which I might do at some point in the future)? If so I'd like to 'remove' that password, but how do I do that?

#2 2007-11-17 22:46:52

FeatherMonkey

Re: How do I remove a mysql password?

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-mysql-password.shtml does this help?

Password shouldn't be there if I'm not mistaken never had it carry over in my experience

Last edited by FeatherMonkey (2007-11-17 22:48:04)

#3 2007-11-17 23:11:08

hybrid

Re: How do I remove a mysql password?

Yeah, that certainly does go into the right direction. Only that I don't want to reset the password to a different one, I'd like to kill it.
Pretty much I want everything that belongs to mysql to be gone, so maybe it's easier if I figure out what files where created by mysql that are still present after the uninstallation of it with pacman and to erase these files manually.
I don't know which one is better, all I know is: I don't need mysql now, so I want to uninstall it. If in the future I'll need to install mysql and use it I want it to be a "fresh mysql install" without any configuration leftovers from today. So whatever you think will be the best way for me to achieve that, I will do it. :>

Board footer