You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-20 18:47:49

fflarex

regarding the printer-friendly versions of wiki articles...

Hey, I just have a suggestion for the layout of the wiki. I don't see why the little translation/language box is needed for the printer-friendly versions of any of the articles. It's a minor complaint, really, but it gets on my nerves a little bit. I propose you get rid of it. (the categories at the bottom are also not very necessary for a printed article)

Anyways, like I said it's just a suggestion, do with it what you will.

#2 2007-11-21 02:18:31

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Re: regarding the printer-friendly versions of wiki articles...

is there a chance you could take a look at the css for printing and give me a patch? I agree with you about htem being unnecessary, but i'm not sure it's possible to get rid of the translation box because of the way it's set up. The categories are probably just a display:none somewhere.

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#3 2007-11-21 03:04:19

fflarex

Unfortunately I'm not very good with CSS (or anything concerning web development). I was hoping it was just a quick fix that someone overlooked when it got set up.

#4 2007-11-21 04:28:57

rson451
Website

for the categories it looks like you could do #catlinks{display: none;} to get rid of it.  unfortunately i dont see a way the translation box can be eliminated unless there is a way to give that paragraph an id, im not sure how the wiki software works.

archlinux - please read this and this — twice — then ask questions.
--
http://rsontech.net | http://github.com/rson

Board footer