You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-25 06:20:09

dante4d

Anyone using Asus F3JC?

I just would like to get in touch with people using this one... Thanx roll

I'm having issues with ALSA - I'm using KDE and KMix shows/controls incorrect channels / headphone jack sense is not working. Tried module=asus-laptop parameter for snd-hda-intel module with no results. I googled a lot. Can't seem to find a solution.

Last edited by dante4d (2007-12-19 01:29:28)

#2 2007-11-25 17:39:01

Shaika-Dzari
Website

Re: Anyone using Asus F3JC?

Hello!

I have an asus F3F and it work great.

Why? Do you have any problem? smile

@+

#3 2007-11-27 04:28:16

dante4d

I can't get lapsus working...

#4 2007-11-27 12:02:21

Luca Gervasi
Website

What is it for?

I have an Asus F3Jc and got everything working (also the webcam works too).

---
Linux Registered User #192634
Cisco CCENT/CCNA
PK FP: F182 4D07

#5 2007-11-29 19:25:50

dante4d

Luca Gervasi wrote:

What is it for?

http://lapsus.berlios.de/

#6 2007-12-04 19:43:08

nDray
Website

lapsus does nothing special, it just "agregates" functions from other programs/drivers/daemons.... Nothing you can't control by hand...

#7 2007-12-07 13:36:24

Vrob

Hi,

Luca Gervasi wrote:

I also own an Asus F3JC but so far I got only wireless/ethernet and the backlight FN-Keys working (but no OSD for them).
Where can I get some information on how to setup things on this laptop?

I'm also quite confused about the necessary kernel modules (there is asus_acpi, asus-laptop and the aforementioned lapsus).

greetings,
Vrob

#8 2007-12-07 15:02:53

uastasi

Vrob wrote:

Hi,

Luca Gervasi wrote:

I also own an Asus F3JC but so far I got only wireless/ethernet and the backlight FN-Keys working (but no OSD for them).

I'm also quite confused about the necessary kernel modules (there is asus_acpi, asus-laptop and the aforementioned lapsus).

greetings,
Vrob

Some days ago I was able to setup some FN Key on my Asus A6JC, take a look to my post, maybe it could be useful to you. wink

Till the last battle, till the last bottle.
aur - twitter

#9 2007-12-14 15:35:50

dante4d

Vrob wrote:

Well, I currently can't manage to get my wifi working big_smile.
For the FN keys... I see that F{1,5,6,7,8,9} and upper one as F9 are hardwired probably? F1 somewhat suspends my pc and I can wake it up (not much tested though), F{6,7,8} controls LCD, F8 not tested, but probably would switch output to external monitor. F9 sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It should disable touchpad. Sometimes... Dunno why. I have to press it several times and try. Same for upper button.

If you want to use other buttons - I'm currently googling/testing stuff. So far basically it's in uastasi's post... I got that working with asus_laptop module and acpi_listen sees everything except FN+F2 (what's that key for - radio frequency killswitch? - cause theres 2 way switch under touchpad so toggling with FN key would kind of unsync with that switch... bluetooth? roll).

On arch wiki pages there's only this for G1 I believe. I used this one for Gentoo and czech one here - fan/cpu frequency control.

I just installed acpi4asus and got it working... No module stuff in rc.conf needed big_smile.

nDray wrote:

lapsus does nothing special, it just "agregates" functions from other programs/drivers/daemons.... Nothing you can't control by hand...

Yea, but I wanted to have it all together nicely in a menu... Not much luck though - this is how I ended hmm.

#10 2007-12-18 08:16:00

tanis

dante4d wrote:

Yea, but I wanted to have it all together nicely in a menu... Not much luck though - this is how I ended hmm.

Have you started lapsusd? The applet won't work properly without lapsusd (started by root, or by /etc/rc.d/lapsusd during system boot)

#11 2007-12-19 00:43:53

dante4d

tanis wrote:
dante4d wrote:

Have you started lapsusd? The applet won't work properly without lapsusd (started by root, or by /etc/rc.d/lapsusd during system boot)

Well, the lapsus-svn package from aur says:

"lapsusd" daemon must be added to DAEMONS in /etc/rc.conf
(after dbus service) for Lapsus to work.

Any user that needs access to lapsusd's features should be
added to "lapsus" group.

So I did. I had to repartition/reinstall meanwhile I'm trying from scratch. Maybe I put lapsusd before dbus roll I'll see... So I looked to my lapsus topic. You can see I had right module, daemon loaded after dbus and was member of group lapsus. Still, lapsus applet was empty as if it couldn't see any ACPI stuff neutral.

Last edited by dante4d (2007-12-19 01:35:06)

Board footer