You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-27 20:17:00

scratch

Mouse and Sound Stopped Working

edit: sound mysteriously returned after a second reboot.  Mouse is still broken.

The actual issue is that I cannot hear any sound whatsoever, and I cannot use my mouse in X. If I start a game that "steals" mouse input from X, I can use the mouse in it.

This background info may help locate the problem: the last time I booted, I ran pacman -Syu and then started looking for files in ~ to delete (to clear space and pass time) in Thunar. For whatever reason, there was a little bit of lag, and suddenly the Gimp started loading over and over again.  I quickly closed Thunar, but (judging from ps ax and pids) Gimp was run over 500 times and my computer ground to a halt.  I turned the machine off and did something else, and have only used windows since then until today.

dmesg doesn't have anything interesting about this, nor does Xorg.0.log. If there is any other info I can provide I will do so.

I have taken the following steps to troubleshoot:

- Restarted X
- Re-run pacman -Syu and restarted X
- Changed xorg.conf so that I was using "auto" rather than "evdev" mouse driver and rebooted (then reverted the change and restarted X)

Any helpful ideas welcome.

Last edited by scratch (2007-11-27 20:59:19)

Board footer