You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-04 01:40:55

jtibau

Install KDEMOD, cant find a battery monitor applet

Hi there,

I'm new to Arch... I've been an Ubuntu user for about two years now. I was attracted to Arch one very specific thing:
Rolling-Release... It just sucks to be stuck with the same old apps when everyone else (including the windows crowd) has cutting-edge features. So this just rocks in my book. I read that stability in Arch is good enough despite being extremely up-to-date so great.

While doing my research wink I of course tried gentoo... Which I dislike so much after being left without a computer for 2 days straight while emerge downloaded, compiled and installed gnome. I have a slow connection (200mbps)... Maybe if downloads where asyncronous to compiling it would be slightly better.

I'm also in love of apt-get. That's way I wouldn't give any distro a chance if they didn't offer a GREAT package manager. Pacman surpasses my expectations, I might have found a new love lol. It's lots faster than apt-get for installing programs, and so far I haven't got dependency errors.

Now KISS just rocks... for some things. I enjoyed a lot working on my .conf files. I had done a bit of it on ubuntu but there it is pretty much authomatized. As I said, I like it because it gives you more control and forces you to gain some knowledge of the system. And KDEMOD is awesome beacause of it, no bloat alright!
BUT: Where's my frigging Battery Monitor???!!! I live in fear my battery will die on me anytime... I usually consult it via /proc, but still, that isn't good enough. I think there should be a kdemod-utils-laptop or something to provide this kind of things... Any suggestions as what to do???

#2 2007-12-04 04:09:54

jtibau

Re: Install KDEMOD, cant find a battery monitor applet

darn it, my first post should've been something better lol
Well the package in kdemod is called:
kdemod-kdeutils-klaptopdaemon
It works now

Board footer