You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-05 23:07:21

alphahsk

[SOLVED] How do I use my Metacity theme/look..

..when using compizfusion. After the default compiz-fusion-gtk install, emerald is the default window decorator. Is it not possible to run compizfusion with the same metacity look that gnome is using when compizfusion is not started?

Last edited by alphahsk (2007-12-12 22:01:28)

#2 2007-12-06 00:32:35

theringmaster
Website

Re: [SOLVED] How do I use my Metacity theme/look..

alphahsk wrote:

..when using compizfusion. After the default compiz-fusion-gtk install, emerald is the default window decorator. Is it not possible to run compizfusion with the same metacity look that gnome is using when compizfusion is not started?

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ … tent=69935
Ubuntu Human Emerald Theme GNOME-Look.org

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ … tent=67243
human glass GNOME-Look.org

there's a couple for ya. don't know if they will work with compiz fusion though. you should check out compiz-themes.org

http://www.compiz-themes.org/
The Compiz Community - Compiz-Themes.org

Last edited by theringmaster (2007-12-06 00:39:09)

Check me out on twitter!!! twitter.com/The_Ringmaster

#3 2007-12-06 18:22:41

alphahsk

Thanks, but this isn't quite what I mean. I don't want to find an emerald theme that looks metacity'ish. I just want metacity to be the window-decorator regardless of whether or not compiz-fusion is running. The default install of compiz-fusion automatically uses emerald.

#4 2007-12-06 19:52:15

epimer

If you're using fusion-icon, it has an option to change the window decorator from there.

#5 2007-12-07 00:09:07

theringmaster
Website

compiz fusion replaces metacity and emerald is just a theme manager. FYI

#6 2007-12-07 02:54:39

thayer
Fellow
Website

Metacity = Window Manager
Compiz-Fusion = Compositing Window Manager

Either you have a plain old WM like Metacity, or you have the bells and whistles of Compiz-Fusion--you can't run both simultaneously.  You can use the fusion-icon to re-enable Metacity, as epimer suggested, however then you will be disabling all of your composite FX.

Last edited by thayer (2007-12-07 02:55:07)

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#7 2007-12-07 12:33:16

Mikko777

It is possible to use metacity themes in compiz...

You just need to install the gnome / metacity decorator in compiz, it doesn't seem to be installed by default.

#8 2007-12-07 13:29:00

epimer

thayer wrote:

Either you have a plain old WM like Metacity, or you have the bells and whistles of Compiz-Fusion--you can't run both simultaneously.  You can use the fusion-icon to re-enable Metacity, as epimer suggested, however then you will be disabling all of your composite FX.

Actually, I meant using fusion-icon to change window decorator to Gnome Window Decorator (or whatever), which you can do after installing the compiz-decorator-gtk package from the Community repository. That way, you can have Compiz as your window manager but still use metacity window decorations.

#9 2007-12-07 13:35:16

theringmaster
Website

epimer wrote:
thayer wrote:

Actually, I meant using fusion-icon to change window decorator to Gnome Window Decorator (or whatever), which you can do after installing the compiz-decorator-gtk package from the Community repository. That way, you can have Compiz as your window manager but still use metacity window decorations.

you can only make it look like metacity (see my first post) not BE metacity. one or the other not both.

#10 2007-12-07 18:02:15

alex_anthony

you can use metacity themes by using heliodor window themer (may now be called something different), which uses metacity themes instead of emerald themes

#11 2007-12-08 13:24:01

epimer

theringmaster wrote:

you can only make it look like metacity (see my first post) not BE metacity. one or the other not both.

I know, but that's not what the original poster was asking. He said "metacity look", hence why that was the question I answered.

#12 2007-12-08 16:22:56

d3br074

i know what he wants to do....
you want gtk-window-decorator.
Its the plugin for compiz that lets you use emulate metacity window decorations in compiz.  Uninstall emerald and install  "compiz-decorator-gtk" then restart compiz and itll be there.

#13 2007-12-12 22:01:09

alphahsk

i know what he wants to do....
you want gtk-window-decorator.
Its the plugin for compiz that lets you use emulate metacity window decorations in compiz.  Uninstall emerald and install  "compiz-decorator-gtk" then restart compiz and itll be there.

You do indeed know what I want smile Problem solved!

PS! No need to uninstall emerald though. Right-clicking the fusion-icon gives the option to choose the window-decorator.

Board footer