You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-18 05:04:45

CaspianXI

wmii freezes to the mouse

I just installed wmii 3.6, and really like it. I'm having trouble with my windows... every now and then, every window in the current tag will refuse to respond to mouse input (clicking, highlighting, scrolling). However, the windows still receive keyboard input fine.

Since switching to wmii, I don't use the mouse all that much anyways, this isn't a big deal... except for clicking links in Firefox wink.

I've found that switching to a different tag and back lets me click a couple times before the windows freeze again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks!

#2 2007-12-18 10:14:01

F

Re: wmii freezes to the mouse

Have you tried getting out of X and then jumping back into X? (i.e. Ctrl-Alt+Fkeys)

Also I don't use wmii anymore, but I do know they have a mailing list. If no wmii user here can help you (although there should be somebody), always try the mailing list. You should be able to find it on their suckless website.

#3 2007-12-19 09:43:20

N30N

CaspianXI wrote:

every now and then, every window in the current tag will refuse to respond to mouse input (clicking, highlighting, scrolling). However, the windows still receive keyboard input fine.

If you mean clicking/highlighting the windows (don't think you do though) you can do

wmiir read /event

to see what events are geting wmii is picking up.

CaspianXI wrote:

I just installed wmii 3.6

v3.6 is just a snapshot and quite a few bugs/quirks have been fixed since then so you may want to try the latest hg pull.

CaspianXI wrote:

Since switching to wmii, I don't use the mouse all that much anyways, this isn't a big deal... except for clicking links in Firefox wink.

Have you checked out vimperator?

CaspianXI wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Can't say that I have.

#4 2007-12-19 15:34:58

CaspianXI

Well, thanks for your replies... strangely enough, this issue hasn't occurred since I posted this message. I did notice that my /tmp directory was getting rather full, and I cleaned it out... but I'm not sure if this problem is related to my issue with wmii..

Anyways, thanks for your help smile.

Board footer