You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-18 11:34:12

mrbug

Ion removal

I just wanted to say.....

If the guy is being a jerk, I say "good riddance!" to his WM package. Let's fork it for the people who really like it and use it... like what happened with cdrecord -> wodim.

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#2 2007-12-18 14:40:29

synorgy
Website

Re: Ion removal

Truthfully, I removed Ion from my harddrive a while ago - simply because this guy is a pr*ck.

I say we don't even fork, but urge users to use a better tiling WM and remove ion from any supported repo altogether(dwm comes to mind, wmii or xmonad might work too)

"Unix is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." (Dennis Ritchie)

#3 2007-12-18 15:27:35

timtux
Website

They've removed it now if you haven't noticed it smile
I switched to DWM for a long time ago just because the guy seems to be an idiot sad

http://timtux.net/ - my personal blog about almost everything

#4 2007-12-18 17:20:47

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

lets keep it civil.
the ion developer is entitled to his opinion, and can license his software any way he wishes.
I certainly don't agree with it, and the other arch devs appear to have similar viewpoints, so we have removed it from the repositories. That is all there is to it.

Locking thread.
Refer to the news entry for more information: http://archlinux.org/news/374/

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer