You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-21 14:28:10

fabio

X3100 OpenGL incredibly slow and buggy

Running xf86-video-intel 2.2.0 (from testing), Mesa 7.0.1, NOT running compiz or any other sort of composite window manager, I find OpenGL applications to be very very slow. glxgears shows around 1100fps but I don't know if this is normal.

Anyhoo, tried etracer and I get a maximum of 25fps in the fast scenes. If I try to play videos using OpenGL output under VLC as soon as I resize the video's window X freezes and I can only reboot the laptop. Google Earth after the login freezes the system (although I can still move the mouse) and even then, the only solution is to reboot.

Practically 3D acceleration is unusable. DRI is enabled, glxinfo shows nothing strange except some missing "visuals". I don't really don't know what to try more. The previous driver (2.1.1) shows the same issues. I'm forced to use XAA instead of the default EXA otherwise I can't see the fonts.

I don't really know what is wrong, acceleration is there, enabled, but just unusable. I always thought Intel cards would excel under Linux due to the open drivers but this really leaves me baffled. Coming from an ATI card I thought the nightmare would have ended, but I see it's still keeping alive..

Last edited by fabio (2007-12-21 14:37:04)

#2 2007-12-21 17:32:22

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

Re: X3100 OpenGL incredibly slow and buggy

Wow. That bad? I woulda expected better from a new Intel chip, AND a new driver. 1100 is pretty sub-standard since it's like my GMA 950. Or is there not supposed to be any improvement? I get really good performance with Urban Terror.

Last edited by schivmeister (2007-12-21 17:33:57)

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

Board footer