You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-22 07:04:50

sebleblanc

Amarok (or related) crashes whole system with keyb shortcuts

Hello all.

I happen to have some kind of problem with Amarok.
I discovered that I could control Amarok with pre-configured global hotkeys. (such as winkey+ZXCVB for winamp-like controls) Winkey+Downarrow decreases the volume. However, if I hold it for too long (say, it's now muted, and I press it again), the whole computer freezes. It happens every time, no matter what other programs are running.

I have no idea what may be causing this. When it freezes, I can't do a single thing, not even switching to ttys or ctrl+alt+backspacing the X server.

Please help me!
Thank you.

[edit]
Oh and on a side note: I can't reboot or shutdown from kdemod. There's no "shutdown" option available in the K menu, only "Log out" or "Lock session"
[/edit]

Last edited by sebleblanc (2007-12-22 07:08:32)

#2 2007-12-22 14:10:54

weseven

Re: Amarok (or related) crashes whole system with keyb shortcuts

sebleblanc wrote:

[edit]
Oh and on a side note: I can't reboot or shutdown from kdemod. There's no "shutdown" option available in the K menu, only "Log out" or "Lock session"
[/edit]

edit /etc/group and add your user to the group power and hal.

#3 2007-12-23 01:34:32

sebleblanc

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? It's also doing this if I hold "Alt+F2" to show the KDE "Run Command" dialog. It completely crashes, without no way to recover.

Oh and weseven, thanks for helping me, but it did not work. The "Shutdown" option isn't appearing in the K menu.

#4 2007-12-23 11:14:32

weseven

kcontrol-> KDE components -> session management -> give the shutdown options (options may vary, i'm using italian translation atm)

if it still don't work, try with this: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=15721#p15721

still no idea for the amarok issue, however sad

#5 2007-12-26 22:34:02

sebleblanc

It worked, thank you. However, I am still stuck with the Amarok problem.

Board footer