You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-27 14:10:27

fabio85

Network protected by WEP

Hi all!
I'm new to the Archlinux forum. I have a problem with my wireless network: I can't access to it with the wep authentication activated. If I switch off the authentication there aren't problem...
For wireless connections I use network manager and I tried wicd with same results.
I tried to start network manager from terminal and, during the connection attempt, I saw this message:

While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

Before Archlinux I used Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10 and I have never had problems with wireless connections.
What can I do?

Thanks!

#2 2007-12-28 16:42:20

fabio85

Re: Network protected by WEP

On internet I discovered that this message isn't important for wireless connection... It is caused by other events (it seems to be by the kernel).
Today I noticed another message:

:: Casa up                                                               [BUSY] Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
            - Could not set wireless configuration                       [FAIL]

I tried netcfg without positive results and this is the error message. I tried network manager with WPA too, but I can't access my wireless network.
What do you think? It seems to be that Archlinux can't use encryption with my wireless usb pen. I use ndiswrapper for drivers and under Ubuntu I hadn't problems...

#3 2007-12-28 22:24:10

lenni

Re: Network protected by WEP

Have you told NM you want to encrypt with WEP and not WPA or anything else? (I don't use NM so don't know how to do that).

Also, you could try wicd. I found it more reliable than NM:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wicd

Board footer