You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-25 17:57:23

robot5x

xawtv dependencies

Just a small point - xawtv needs lirc+pctv package to operate yet when I installed xawtv via pacman it did not install this at the same time. The lirc package seems to be missing from the dependencies in the PKGBUILD in abs.
Is it worth filing a bug report?

#2 2004-04-25 21:00:52

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: xawtv dependencies

I'm not totally understanding what you're saying...

Does xawtv actually need lirc+pctv installed to run?  I think I know what the problem might have been and I can fix it if you're more specific.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-04-26 06:56:58

robot5x

Sorry - I'm often not clear.
xawtv does require lirc+pctv to even start - after I installed xawtv via pacman it complained of missing liblirc.so.1 and exited. It was then that I had to manually install lirc+pctv, and it worked fine. So my point was that lirc+pctv was not downloaded automatically as a requriement for xawtv.

#4 2004-04-29 20:25:46

sarah31
Website

robot5x wrote:

Sorry - I'm often not clear.
xawtv does require lirc+pctv to even start - after I installed xawtv via pacman it complained of missing liblirc.so.1 and exited. It was then that I had to manually install lirc+pctv, and it worked fine. So my point was that lirc+pctv was not downloaded automatically as a requriement for xawtv.

actually it really does not require lirc+pctv (unless the developer made it a dependency). however, if the maintainer has it on their system when building it it is auto detected and thus creates a dependency.

lirc+pctv used to be a dependency until the developer of xawtv informed me that it was not. i passed this information on to the next maitainer but it seems to have been forgotten.

you may want to check with the xawtv developers to be sure. if it is NOT a dependency (a necessary one) then it should be built out via filing a bug report.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#5 2004-04-30 07:33:27

robot5x

It did seem strange to me that I had to install lirc and like I said it's not in the PKGBUILD so what you say makes a lot of sense. I'll do a bug report. Thanks.

#6 2004-05-05 03:51:47

sarah31
Website

no problem ... i suppose i should have commented the build so that the maintainers that followed me would remember.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer