You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-04 00:57:00

patroclo7

kernel26tuxonice now in the AUR

While I am the maintainer of the tools for userspace suspend to disk in the AUR, I still think that tuxonice is faster and more reliable (in spite of some bad releases in the near past). So I uploaded to the AUR a kernel26tuxonice.

THIS IS MEANT TO BE ONLY VANILLA + TUXONICE.
No other patch is applied: patches from the arch stock kernel will be applied ONLY in the case that they are strictly and generally required to interact with other arch tools (as happened in the transition from devfs to udev).

Moreover, do not expect an update for every subversion. The PKGBUILD will be updated only for tuxonice updates and kernel version updates (such as 2.6.23 ==> 2.6.24). If you have a specific need for a subversion update, post a comment in the AUR with a specifically motivated request.

The PKGBUILD assumes as basic configuration the configuration of the kernel you are running, exported through /proc/config.gz, and let you integrate it with make oldconfig and modify it with make menuconfig. You can uncomment other options in the PKGBUILD (in order to start from arch default config or to use other configuration guis).

After that, you can choose if to do 'make clean' or to do an incremental compilation.

The config files (standard and fallback) for mkinitcpio reside both in /etc/mkinitcpio.d, so edit /etc/mkinitcpio.d/kernel/tuxonice.conf to customize it; the hook for resume with tuxonice is a standalone dependency and is applied by default.

Please look at the PKGBUILD and see how the _kernver variable is fixed (basically the full vanilla version + the value of CONFIG_LOCALVERSION). If you do not know what to use as CONFIG_LOCALVERSION choose '-tuxonice' (as in the provided config, which however IS NOT used by default: the default is to start from the config of your running kernel!).

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

#2 2008-01-04 20:42:27

gothmog.todi

Re: kernel26tuxonice now in the AUR

I just compiled it and it works great, which wasn't the case when i last tried tuxonice (suspend2 back then). Great work patroclo smile

I'm wondering if it is possible to use an encrypted swap partition for suspending to disk. I thought it should be, but I wasn't able to get it working.

Last edited by gothmog.todi (2008-01-04 20:47:46)

#3 2008-01-04 21:51:17

patroclo7

Re: kernel26tuxonice now in the AUR

No experience with that. On the contrary I got a couple of reports of success with encryption on s2disk/uswsusp.

Thanks for your decisive corrections for the PKGBUILD, I applied all of them.

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

Board footer