You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-04 23:47:52

Reasons

Firefox stopped loading pages

Today when I tried to connect to the internet, it wouldn't let me. My two scripts I run in conky weren't connecting, same as firefox. However, I could ping every address and links using the terminal worked just fine.

#2 2008-01-05 18:05:14

Reasons

Re: Firefox stopped loading pages

Well as of today, google will load on occasion, some random web pages will start to load, but not fully. However, I can still ping every site, use links web browser for every site, and get packages no problem. ISP is Quest DSL if it matters.

#3 2008-01-05 19:54:41

ravster
Website

Here's a few things that would help us get more info about your machine.

Did you make any changes before the problem started?

Is this problem only with firefox? Or do other programs act funny too? --> To check if its a hardware error.

Have you tried reinstalling mozilla-common and firefox?
Does this happen even with a different profile in firefox?
Do you have any new/old extensions installed? What extensions/addons do you have with firefox? Have you tried disabling them and then seeing if the problem persists?

Have you done a 'pacman -Syu' lately?

When you ping, does it work with names (egs: www.yahoo.ca) as well as IP addresses?

Thanks, If you can give any more info about your system, that would help.

#4 2008-01-05 20:39:37

Reasons

I created and mounted a fat32 partition though that shouldn't have changed anything.
No other programs have acted any different aside from conky because that connects to my gmail and weather.com. Both work in links.
I've reinstalled both, tried different profiles, disabled everything.
Just did a -Syu a few moments ago. I've been doing them like crazy hoping it would help.
Just tried to ping www.yahoo.ca, it worked fine.

Besides that I've tried ethernet and wireless. The wireless card is a intel 4965. I also tried the Ubuntu 7.10 live cd, it still had the problem.

#5 2008-01-05 23:08:53

Reasons

Just went into my vista partition for the first time in forever. No problems there using firefox.

#6 2008-01-06 00:50:01

Reasons

Fixed it by disabling ipv6. Now firefox works but if I try to build something or the conky with the gmail script, it hangs on something such as the following
Connecting to fpdownload.macromedia.com|1.0.0.0|:80...
Connecting to mail.google.com|1.0.0.0|:443...
and never connects.

Board footer