You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-11 04:18:15

blu3ness

Suspend with s2ram and fglrx driver

Hello all, I know this has probably been mentioned a million times here already, but I'm really stuck and desperately in need of help. This is my first time trying a completely new distrobution that's not based off of Ubuntu and I'm loving it 100% already big_smile. The only problem that's preventing me to use Arch as frequently as I like was the problem with suspend/hibernate.

I have read everything on the Archlinux wiki on the topic of Suspend/Hibernate, I have also attempted to disable framebuffer at Grub menu by passing vga=0 at start up, but this didn't help.

I red about it on Ubuntu launchpad that this bug is caused by the newer SLAB kernel module (memory allocator of some sort), and if I compile my own kernel to use the previous SLUB module, it would probably fix the problem. Should I recompile my kernel?

I want to know if anyone having similar issues found any workarounds. That would be much appreciated.

The following is my lspci video card output, I have changed the video memory to 64 Mb but apparently that didn't do anything sad

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30ae
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 255, IRQ 16
    Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    I/O ports at 9000 [size=256]
    Memory at d0100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    [virtual] Expansion ROM at d0120000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

The following is my s2ram -i output

This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard"
    sys_product  = "Presario V5000 (EZ563UA#ABL)      "
    sys_version  = "F.42"
    bios_version = "F.42"
See http://suspend.sf.net/s2ram-support.html for details.

Archlinux on Compaq Presario v5000 laptop smile

Board footer