You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-14 20:10:07

eljoeb

Stupid Question: Deleting/Removing Packages Installed via AUR

Alright, sorry about the stupid question, but I'm having trouble finding the proper way to do this and don't want to screw something up.  Recently I installed some packages via the AUR which either don't work for me (lastfm) or I don't want (Spring, among other games).  What would be the correct way of removing this stuff?  Would simply deleting the file in /usr/bin, its installation directory, the directory in /var/abs, and the menu shortcut (trivial, sorry) be an acceptable way to uninstall this, or is there a way to do this through pacman (considering that's partly how they were installed in the first place)?  I just don't want to miss anything, as I want to get a newer version of Spring and not have any issues.

Thanks and sorry if this question is redundant I swear I looked for an answer before.

Joeb

#2 2008-01-14 20:14:56

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Stupid Question: Deleting/Removing Packages Installed via AUR

Remove them with pacman like you would do for any other packages.

#3 2008-01-14 20:15:08

Ramses de Norre

You should have installed them with pacman and you can just remove them like every other package then, that's the simplicity of AUR wink

#4 2008-01-14 23:13:03

eljoeb

Thanks for the responses!  i had thought of this intuitively at first, but I thought I would need to go to the directory where the package is and type pacman -R pkgname.pkg.tar.gz.  Lets just say that... didn't work smile .

Board footer