You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-15 11:43:17

xelados
Website

Strange tablet/mouse occurence in GIMP, and a menurc question

(Note: Italicized issues have been solved or handled already)
Hello. I can't seem to be able to use both my tablet's stylus and my mouse to work in unison in the GIMP. What happens is that when I enable my tablet, my mouse is not even recognized in the drawing area. I have to go through the Input Device setup and disable the X devices related to my tablet in order to use my mouse. When my mouse works, my stylus works only like a mouse would; with no pressure sensitivity or anything.

My tablet is a Graphire 4 and I'm running the latest xorg and linuxwacom packages. I used to be able to use these two at the same time on an image, but now I can't do that. What's going on? I'll post anything you guys need that's relevant.

<EDIT>Disabling the "cursor" device in GIMP seemed to let me use both at the same time, with no repercussions. All three devices (stylus, eraser part of stylus, and my mouse) all have independent tool settings like they should, as well! Very weird, I'd say.

On a lighter note, I like to use a different set of tools for tablet work and pixel art; is there a way I can tell GIMP to load a different menurc at startup? The manpage didn't seem to help me with that; only with gimprc(which doesn't even reference tool options or the menurc) and sessionrc (which doesn't seem to be relevant to my issue). Any ideas?

Last edited by xelados (2008-01-15 11:53:26)

Board footer