You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-22 00:08:28

Zer0

Uniform Look for QT/GTK wiki

I just added a wiki entry on how to get a uniform look for QT & GTK apps using themes or engines like gtk-qt-engine.

It's my first wiki page that I started from scratch so go easy on me wink
I hope it's helpful for someone, I saw this question asked a couple times in the forums so I thought I would make a wiki.

Please feel free to hack it up, and add some of your own knowledge.  I personally only used gtk-qt-engine and qtcurve so my experience with the other methods are limited.  I'm sure some more info could be added to the MetaTheme section, or some of you know of theme sets or theme engines I've overlooked.

Feel free to contribute and let me know what you think wink

#2 2008-01-22 09:34:58

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Uniform Look for QT/GTK wiki

#3 2008-01-22 14:21:36

dunc

Nice work. smile

I really think this is one of the things that puts people off Linux. I realise that it's not what Arch is about, but I wish some of the more mainstream distros would take more care over making a consistent look by default. Last time I checked, KDE apps looked awful in Ubuntu for example, and it's supposed to have "pretty as a feature".

0 Ok, 0:1

#4 2008-03-15 16:02:32

ozar

Nice article, Zer0... well done!

I really don't like having to use any of these methods for getting decent looking apps across the board, but after trying all of them, the Metatheme option worked best for my particular situation.

Thanks for the easy to follow HowTo.

ozar

oz

Board footer