You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-26 00:23:50

ssl6

mplayer question

so i've been exploring a little here tonight. and noticed smplayer as an updated package on the main page, i never even knew about it. but what im getting too.....is that since installing it, im preferring it to the regular mplayer front-end because smplayer is only one window, just like another windows front-end for mplayer that i have on my flash drive

so i went to remove the mplayer gui, but i must have been thinking of ubuntu or something, because the mplayer core and gui are one package on arch, wondering if it was worth asking for that to change? or am i the only one interested in having the gui for mplayer in a seperate package

this is a signature

#2 2008-01-26 01:27:42

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: mplayer question

ssl6 wrote:

so i've been exploring a little here tonight. and noticed smplayer as an updated package on the main page, i never even knew about it. but what im getting too.....is that since installing it, im preferring it to the regular mplayer front-end because smplayer is only one window, just like another windows front-end for mplayer that i have on my flash drive

so i went to remove the mplayer gui, but i must have been thinking of ubuntu or something, because the mplayer core and gui are one package on arch, wondering if it was worth asking for that to change? or am i the only one interested in having the gui for mplayer in a seperate package

Someone did request this not too long ago and answer was basically no because the gui didn't really use up much resources. My copy of Mplayer doesn't have the gui because I built it myself (I also use SMplayer).

#3 2008-01-26 01:38:28

ssl6

well, it doesnt seem to be a question of ressources to me. just allows a tidyer install if you use a different gui. i had to remove a link from my menu just to hide it, and configure filetypes to open with smplayer rather than mplayer. but, ok, if its no, then theres not much i can do other than that. im not savvy enough to build my own.

this is a signature

#4 2008-01-26 03:53:56

Shaika-Dzari
Website

You can use standard pkgbuild and remove:

--enable-gui

from ./configure line...

makepkg and you have a pretty package to install wink

#5 2008-01-27 05:27:15

ssl6

when i said im not that savvy....well........lets put it this way, that just went right over me

this is a signature

#6 2008-01-27 05:48:54

bionnaki

Board footer