You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-31 10:04:38

lukkocorse

Can't see my usb printer

Hi guys,

I'n tryng to install my Hp printer (normal usb link) on Arch. I've found the GUI of KDE to configure printers, I have installed CUPS and the right .ppd file.
Then I tried to add my printer. All ok, I followed the instructions, found my usb printer and finished the installation. But I have done all this by normal user and not like root. So I couldn't use the printer, I had a sort of error (sorry, I don't remember exactly what happened). No problem, I tought: I eliminate it and reinstall like root (using root mode inside the GUI). But from this time I couldn't find anymore the usb printer, neither by root nor by user! Starting the configuration with my printer switched on and linked to pc the box of usb printer (local printer) cannot be checked.
I think that erasing the old installation I changed something (I have only eliminated the printer from the guy). I tried reinstalling cups, restarting the system and so on.
Can you help me? I hope it's a simple problem to solve..

Thanks in advance!

#2 2008-01-31 15:25:05

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Can't see my usb printer

can you give output od lsusb [makeing sure system sees printer!]... wondering if you are not a member of group lp ?

Mr Green

Board footer