Picture Glowing Application

am looking for an app that can glow pictures as good as PAINT.NET can

please note gimp softglow dosn't cut it

if people want to see what am talking about here the link

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1124

#2 2008-02-04 05:47:30

MrWeatherbee

Re: Picture Glowing Application

Well ... the Gimp has a lot of weaknesses as far as I'm concerned, but those weaknesses don't include the inability to create the "glow" effect your after.

It took me just a few minutes to create the two images below. The first one comes close to the milder effect shown on the web site link you posted, while the second image just bumps up the effect.

Tweaking could help some as always, but I think the exercise demonstrates Gimp can do what you need.

Have fun.

glowbeforemymildmg9.th.png

glowbeforemyextremeah0.th.png

#3 2008-02-04 08:14:05

N30N

Any program that has a colour curve and gaussian blur tool can achieve the effect your after (GIMP, Krita, Pixel, Blender, to name just a few).

#4 2008-02-04 14:43:00

Susu
Website

littleb2005 wrote:

Refine your settings, maybe add other filters, it's not that hard. Image manipulation just isn't a one-click-thing anyway...

Album reviews (in german): http://schallwelle.filzo.de

#5 2008-02-04 15:17:44

MrWeatherbee

Susu wrote:
littleb2005 wrote:

Image manipulation just isn't a one-click-thing anyway...

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. But I'll take it a bit further and suggest not even bothering with softglow (I didn't use it for the posted photos) and learn how the basic tools are used (layers, layer blending, curves, etc.). This example is pretty simple to start with, and using the individual tools can provide more control.

By the way, I just tried 'softglow' and it produces almost identical results which is pretty good for a 'couple-a-click' thing.

To duplicate the original 'glow image' from the linked website, the [feathered] selection tool has to be used to isolate the upper portion of the car's highlights so that whatever technique is chosen to apply the glow doesn't blow-out and soften the rest of the image. Then you'll probably want to invert the selection to apply curves and unsharp-mask to the bottom half of the car, blah, blah .... so, in any case, it's not going to be a single-click process.

#6 2008-02-05 11:26:59

dunc

If you must have "two-click" effects, the FX-Foundry script package for GIMP is pretty good. It's in the AUR.

0 Ok, 0:1

Board footer