You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-09 16:25:19

mudra

wifi-radar will not start - No module named gtk ERROR.

I have installed wifi-radar using the following command:

pacman -Sy wifi-radar

Everything seemed OK. However, even after I have edited the sudoers file I cannot run the program.

[root@archibald james]# wifi-radar
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/wifi-radar", line 2094, in <module>
    import gtk, gobject
ImportError: No module named gtk
[root@archibald james]#

Should I have installed something extra ?

Do I have to reboot ?

Thanks in advance for any help ?

Can I use something else to give me the same functions as wifi-radar

#2 2008-02-09 16:48:19

ichbinesderelch

Re: wifi-radar will not start - No module named gtk ERROR.

try running this with "sudo" command, normally it isn't allowed to run graphical application as root, therefor is the sudo command!

Last edited by ichbinesderelch (2008-02-09 16:48:40)

#3 2008-02-09 18:20:36

bgc1954

Hi there! Yes, there are several other things you can do for wireless connection.  Just check out the wiki pages as you probably already have.  I myself find wifi -radar about the simplest but it's still a pain to configure if you are using WPA encryption.  I just reinstalled Arch on an old T21 IBM laptop and my wifi-radar icon wasn't working until I changed the command to "sudo /usr/bin/wifi-radar" even though I too had added the line "myusername  ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/wifi-fi-radar" to /etc/sudoers.  Now the icon works but it used to work without the sudo command.  If I use a terminal and just type "wifi-radar" it now asks for my password but it works.  I don't get any gtk errors but I'm using enlightenment 17 with some xfce4 apps so maybe I have the gtk libraries needed but pacman should look after any dependencies on it's own.  Maybe try reinstalling if you haven't already.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#4 2008-02-09 19:05:04

mudra

For what its worth my command seems to have been installed /usr/sbin/wifi-radar.

I will try an uninstall and re-install tomorrow when I am back at the machine.

Thanks for the help.

Mudra

#5 2008-02-09 19:41:27

bgc1954

Strangest thing, for some reason I have wifi-radar in both /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.  I think I may have been having some of my problems due to the /etc/sudoers file permission at one point was /usr/sbin/ and the icon pointed to /usr/bin.  Something else to check out I guess but I don't for the life of me know why it's in two places.  I did a pacman -R wifi-radar and both executables disappeared and when I did pacman -S wifi-radar it came back in both places.  It's set up that way for some reason, I guess.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Board footer