You are not logged in.

#26 2008-02-25 14:51:32

Dheart

Re: Music player capable of a large music library

kelnoky wrote:

I also used foobar on Windows and loved it. At the moment, I' using mpd+sonata and I like it very much. But I can see that it lacks some features you want, that's just not the way mpd was built.

To be honest, there is nothing that can hold a candle to foobar. Nothing. It's the one program that has no equal counterpart on linux. Give up. I was searching for an alternative a very long time after I switched to linux and just didn't find anything. Mpd and Sonata comes close, but yeah...

So sad, yet true... same story here.

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

#27 2008-02-26 23:04:22

stefos

So far gmusicbrowser does nothing but crash when i try to add music, but Amarok came out really well! I think I'll stick to that one for a while. The standard sqlite db was very slow, but postgresql is very very fast! Importing was a bit slower, but searching, sorting, etc is almost instant!

So just like funkyou, I can recommend using the postgresql backend to anyone with more than a couple of hundred mp3's:P!!! (perhaps the mysql will do also, just didn't try)

Thanks a lot everyone!

#28 2008-02-27 00:38:03

Borosai

If you don't have any objections to using a Java app, you could try aTunes (it's in the AUR, but I haven't used that one - I am currently using it in Windows). I don't have a huge library, but it builds/refreshes the repository quickly. IMO it's worth a look.

Board footer