You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-16 15:42:21

Stoffi

Groups page improvements.

Wouldn't it be great to have a really good explaining groups wiki-page?

I know of that page which already is there, but it doesn't really provide enough information.
I had a look at the gentoo-wiki groups page, and it provides even less information than the arch-wiki.

What I want is better explanation of each group, (ie. why a specific group exists) and why you should, or should not be a member of this group.
I myself have more groups than those listed in the wiki, and as a linux n00b, bareley starting with arch, (ubuntu is not for me, and gentoo is too hard)
a good explanation would be helpful in both solving problems, and gaining an understanding of how *nix systems work.

I have myself tried to figure out about groups, (yes, using google too) but ended up giving up, and just moving on without solving whatever it was I set out to solve.

this is kind of like the other thread where one asked for informations about the xorg modules, but I want information about groups, and in the wiki too wink

Kristoffer

#2 2008-02-16 18:21:46

Ashren
Website

Re: Groups page improvements.

You seem to be quite good at written english so you could create the page yourself. It would be a good chance for you to learn a lot about groups as well.

wink

#3 2008-02-16 22:12:06

Stoffi

Thanks!
That is a nice compliment.

If somebody here will help me find resources, I can indeed try to improve the wiki-page smile

Kristoffer

#4 2008-02-16 22:33:05

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Its a good idea... if you've been doing some research so far, just put what information you know into the existing wiki page. Then you can add to it as you find more resources here, on google, in man pages, or elsewhere, and other users can add their knowledge as well.

Dusty

Board footer