You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-17 23:24:41

dyscoria

QEMU boot fail

I've setup a virtual drive in QEMU and have installed Arch, but when I boot it up, it comes up with this error:

:: Checking Filesystems
/dev/sda1:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock.

FILESYSTEM CHECK FAILED
Please repair manually and reboot. Note that the root file system is currently mounted read-only. To remount it read-write type: mount -n -o remount,rw /

The virtual install was using /dev/sda1 for / using ext3 filesystem. I didn't create a swap partition. This is the command I use to start it up:

qemu-system-x86_64 -hda /data/VIRTUAL/arch.qcow -kernel-kqemu -m 1024 clock=pit -soundhw sb16

Anybody got any ideas what's wrong?

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#2 2008-02-17 23:40:19

dyscoria

Re: QEMU boot fail

Hmm, it seems to be fixed if I append '-localtime' onto my start up command. I don't have the slightest idea why that would affect anything...

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

Board footer