You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-19 05:28:14

glusk

touchscreen xorg input module

Several touchscreen input modules (evtouch egalax etc) work fine in Ubuntu but not in Arch.
The error is:

(EE) module ABI major version (0) doesn't match the server's version (2)
(EE) Failed to load module "evtouch" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) No Input driver matching `evtouch'

I'm not sure what direction to take here as I'm not exactly sure about ABI and I'm not sure what server it's comparing to (xorg? kernel module?)

I've tried IgnoreABI but the system crashes so clearly there's an issue somewhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

#2 2008-02-26 13:23:18

l0kal

Re: touchscreen xorg input module

I have the same problem. Didn't get the ABI error. Tried both the new evtouch, got no readings, and the eGalax driver, then I get some readings from the device. Allthough, I could comment out the TS in xorg.conf, still I get some readings. It is fubar, but I get something tongue

#3 2008-03-02 06:33:10

glusk

OK, I seem to have this working now.  Seems that all the touchscreen input modules that I've tried were not compatible with version 1.4 of the X server.

evtouch 0.8.7-3 seems to work and can be gotten from a Debian package.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11 … ut-evtouch

The only file you really need from this package is evtouch_drv.so.  Copy this file to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input.

Set your xorg.conf to use the evtouch driver (there are many instructions around for this)
You may need to set up a udev rule so that your USB touchscreen has a known link and doesn't change every reboot (there are instructions around for this too.)

#4 2008-03-04 10:28:15

l0kal

Thanks, I'm going to test a bit now. But could you be so kind as to post the xorg.conf you use? smile

Board footer