You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-23 19:52:06

Noobzore

kernel modules missing

so after i re-installed vista, i reinstalled grub using the trinity rescue kit cd and when i tryed to boot arch everything is fine up until "Loading Modules..." then it proceeds to give me 3 "FATAL" messages about the missing modules "nvidia, tsdev, and uvcvideo". i had arch running fine before i re installed vista so i dont know what's up. i tried recompiling my kernel with mkinitcpio....no luck. also i tried adding the 3 aforementioned modules to the mkinitcpio.conf file and when i rebuilt the kernel again it told me those 3 modules were missing.

after it gives me the "FATAL" messages it just proceeds to boot normally, starting my network, mounting drives, starting daemons, etc. I use GDM, in daemon mode, arch starts it but then my X server crashes. if you could tell me where the log files are i should be able to get copies of them if needed. when i read the logs i didnt see anything special....so idk.

vista still boots fine, which im in right now.

thanks in advance,
-noobz

#2 2008-02-24 09:12:25

Noobzore

Re: kernel modules missing

So, i installed hwd and did a hwd -xa. i ended up with a working desktop but with only vesa drivers. ill be working on getting my nvidia drivers back.

Board footer