You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-24 01:59:11

paraflu

aria 1.0.0_1.fc8-1 does not compile [SOLVED]

Hello this is my first post.
I experience problems compiling aria out of the aur repository. Does anybody even use this application or am i
the only one. I ask because i don not find anything similar. Yes there is d4x but it is not as good as aria 1.0.0,
especially in regarding of downloading from video google (different speeds!) or similar. I even like the interface, the configuration and it is an lightweight application. So one week ago i tried to compile it in an vm environment 
and it worked. But i did it with an snapshot option in qemu and after beeing successful i did not thought about it,
because in my main system it is still installed. So if anybody got an idea or experience similar i would like to
know how he has done it. Hey i even thought tar.gzip the installed application because i`ve got the installed
filelist on my system or i`ve anybody got a binary i would even use it.

By the way - I had to install rpmextract make and patch for building. The package is maintained by Stefan
Husmann and i thought the problem would solve with the help of other users, but there is no updated message,
so i register and this is my first post ever - EVER so i am sorry if i don`t use the forum post function right and if
anybody will get sick of my english , but i hope both will get better with time.

here i post the last mesages of the compiler (by the way i use yaourt for this and it is a great application. Thank
you very much) , but this is not very enlightent for me.:

ItemList.cc: In member function 'bool ItemList::Read_URL_from_file(ListEntry*, const std::string&)':
ItemList.cc:417: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
ItemList.cc:420: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
ItemList.cc:421: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
ItemList.cc:447: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
ItemList.cc:448: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-deprecated -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -I../intl -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -D_REENTRANT -c ItemList2.cc
ItemList2.cc: In member function 'bool ItemList::Restore_saved_list(const std::string&)':
ItemList2.cc:787: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
ItemList2.cc:788: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
ItemList2.cc:791: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-deprecated -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -I../intl -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -D_REENTRANT -c ItemCell.cc
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-deprecated -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -I../intl -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -D_REENTRANT -c ItemCellPartial.cc
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-deprecated -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -I../intl -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -D_REENTRANT -c Retrieve.cc
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-deprecated -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -I../intl -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -D_REENTRANT -c RetrieveHTTP.cc
g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [RetrieveHTTP.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-aria/aria/src/aria-1.0.0/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-aria/aria/src/aria-1.0.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-aria/aria/src/aria-1.0.0'

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by paraflu (2008-02-25 12:33:18)

#2 2008-02-24 09:12:28

badger

Re: aria 1.0.0_1.fc8-1 does not compile [SOLVED]

Hi, I'm sorry to tell you it compiled using yaourt without a hitch for me just now! The error message doesn't indicate much to me so I'm not much help. I used to use aria a lot when my download quota was much lower and time scheduling was necessary. Cheers & good luck.

#3 2008-02-24 20:05:39

paraflu

Solved !  and scratching my head. I compiled it in qemu, didn`t work as i told you. But after trying and trying
an thinking about removing patches one by one , i tried compiling with the same vm image but only as a live dvd
on the real machine and i experience a weird loop in the beginning of the process. So after that,  i mounted the
vm-image as a loop on my host system and chrooted into it and what can i say - it worked as you discribed.
It seems that the `cc1 error` is connected to the vm. I will still investigate if this is because of the kqemu
module,  but my system is still at booting (for 30 minutes) so i encountered another problem, maybe this will not
boot at all (some weird clock error) .

Thank you for your help , it was very helpfull to know that it worked for you, otherwise i would have tried
everything else which would have consumed a lot of time.

Last edited by paraflu (2008-02-24 22:09:31)

#4 2008-02-25 02:06:38

badger

Well done, I'm glad to have been of some small assistance. If you can, change the thread topic to reflect your success (eg. preface the existing thread topic with "[Solved]". Cheers.

Last edited by badger (2008-02-25 02:08:11)

#5 2008-03-04 18:08:48

Stefan Husmann

Hello,

I am glad that you could solve your problem. I maintain the package in the AUR. I see this thread rather accidentely, and I think the normal way to ask such questions is to put it on the page dedicated to the package in AUR. I would have gotten an notification via E-Mail then.

But honestly in this special case I would never have guessed that you tried to build it within an vm-image, so I probably could not help you much.

#6 2008-03-05 09:13:03

badger

You have made a good point Stefan. Thanks for your maintaining the AUR package. Cheers.

Board footer