You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-24 07:11:37

valnour
Website

[Solved] Firefox 3 betas give me some weird behaviour with images

I understand that there will be problems with beta software, however I seem to have memory issues with the firefox 2 series, so I thought I'd give the beta packages a try. I'm using the firefox-nightly package from AUR (firefox3b4), and I'm getting some weird behaviour. The same behaviour can be seen in all firefox 3 beta builds, however. It's hard to explain the problem, so here's a screenshot:

problemwl2.th.png

Notice that the image appears twice, once in the tab, and once in the tab toolbar next to the title of the tab. It looks like an attempted preview gone terribly wrong. Upon closing the tab, the tab toolbar shrinks down to the normal size and all is well. This happens with most images up to a certain size. Any one else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions? This is very annoying and I would like anyone's input on the problem.

Last edited by valnour (2008-02-24 07:41:05)

#2 2008-02-24 07:38:25

dolby

Re: [Solved] Firefox 3 betas give me some weird behaviour with images

i got some weird behaviour regarding images (and not only) with firefox 3. they were sometimes staying black even when compiled with the new patched libpng. since its beta software its better reporting your issues to the mozilla bugtracker imo.

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2008-02-24 07:40:24

valnour
Website

Re: [Solved] Firefox 3 betas give me some weird behaviour with images

Wow! This issue was solved in #archlinux by Nuked. Apparently I had some funky bits in my .mozilla directory. Removing it solved the problem. Remember kids, IRC is your friend. Anyone else experiencing weird stuff with their Firefox install should give this solution a try.

Board footer