You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-25 04:07:57

Atticus

Cairo-dock jumpy issues on openbox

hi all, I'm putting together a non-DM openbox setup and with xcompmgr I've installed cairo-dock from the AUR.  xcompmgr seems to work pretty well and I haven't had any problems with it.  And cairo-dock seems to work amazingly well aside from this one issue.  The issue is that when I move my mouse into the dock area, the entire dock jumps up about 10 pixels then goes back down to its original position.  It looks like the entire area around the dock is just cut out and animated upwards and then just comes back down.  The dock still works, but because this happens every time I mouseover the dock, its pretty annoying.

My video card is an Geforce 7600GT and I'm using the open source nv drivers, which otherwise seem to be working great.  I looked all through the options and couldn't find anything that dealt with this, and there isn't a whole lot of documentation regarding this either.

I was just hoping someone could give me a hand trying to debug this issue and get rid of it.

Thanks!

#2 2008-03-01 08:32:08

erm67

Re: Cairo-dock jumpy issues on openbox

I think it works only with compiz, it has exactly the same problem with, for example, metacity. Maybe xcompmgr is missing some features it needs.

#3 2008-03-01 09:21:08

moljac024

No, it worked for me without any problems on openbox with xcompmgr.

How are you starting xcompmgr ?

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2008-03-01 14:16:06

Atticus

I was just starting it with xcompmgr -c &

#5 2008-03-01 21:42:37

moljac024

try xcompgr -cC or xcompmgr -n

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

Board footer